Payments, Terms & Conditions
If you are new to the Recre8 courses or your contact details have changed, please do ensure that the information we have is full and correct. You can call us on 01732 304123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In order to guarantee we are able to contact you in an emergency we need you to ensure that we have your current contact details. If you are not sure, please check with us when you book. Booking confirmations for holiday courses will be sent by email.
If you find you have to make a cancellation, fees paid (less the non-refundable deposit) will be returned provided notification takes place at least one month prior to the course/activity. As later cancellation can affect the viability of the course itself and lead to others being disappointed, refunds can only be considered exceptionally. We reserve the right to cancel any course, in which case we will offer an alternative or, if unacceptable, give a complete refund including the deposit.
It is possible photographs and videos may be taken during the courses for use in future ‘Recre8 Tonbridge’ brochures and on the school website and social media pages. Please advise us in writing if you do not wish your child/children to feature in them. Some courses feature a performance on the final day and parents often ask to take pictures of the whole group. If you do not give permission for your child to be photographed, again, please advise us in writing, or advise a member of staff if attending the performance in person.
On some sports courses it is possible to gain national awards, the cost of which is included in the price of the course. However, it should be noted that some children may not be able to achieve the required standard in the time available.
CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT
If your child has clothing or equipment for the afternoon in a bag that is too large to cope with, we can safely look after it in our office, where it can be collected at any time. All art courses are potentially messy and we therefore recommend your child wears old clothes.
There is no need to bring any personal electronic equipment (e.g. mobile phones, tablets or music players) to the courses. Any equipment which is brought on site is done so entirely at the owners risk and we accept no liability for any subsequent loss or damage.
ILLNESS OR INJURY
If in the unlikely event that your child becomes ill or is injured, we will contact you to make you aware. You can then decide if you wish to pick them up early. If your child requires hospital treatment and we are unable to contact you or the person given as your emergency contact, a member of staff will accompany them.
Lost property will be brought to Reception at TSC at the end of each day where you may make enquiries about any items your child/children have mislaid.
If there are any problems please come and see us. We are here to help and would prefer to know of any problem straight away. Please don’t wait until the course is over.
TERM TIME COURSES
Participants who wish to renew a course have priority booking over new participants. However, payment must be received by the end of the ‘current’ course, or your space may be allocated to a new participant on the waiting list.
Term time courses must be paid for at the time of booking.
Adverse weather may lead to cancellations. Should this occur, we will try to arrange alternative dates.
Refunds will be at the discretion of the Manager.
If you wish to cancel a course, a refund will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
Tonbridge School Centre’s Admissions and Supervision Policy governs all Recre8 term time courses.
REGISTRATION, LUNCH & BREAK TIMES
Our support team provides supervision at lunch and break times. We are happy to look after children six years and over from 8.30am before the morning courses and until 5.30pm at the end of the afternoon courses - but please do not exceed these times.
Children attending Skills Academy Football courses or SMG Scuba courses should register in Tonbridge School Centre (TSC). All other courses will register and sign-out from the Recre8 Hub outside the front of TSC. After first day registration, children under 6 should be taken directly to the course venue and should be collected from there also.
During the breaks no formal instruction will be given, but our support team will mix socially or take small groups out for informal sport (weather permitting). Alternatively, pupils may watch a DVD, read, or sit and talk to friends. Free drinks of squash are provided each break and if you would like to give your child a small amount of money for a treat, we do have a tuck shop for sweets, snacks and drinks. If children are staying for the whole day, they will need to bring a packed lunch and we recommend they bring a small snack even if they are only with us for a half-day course. Unfortunately, lunches cannot be purchased on site.
We are always conscious of the need to maintain and, where possible, improve the levels of supervision of children in our care and continually review the security arrangements for our Holiday Courses to ensure that any risk is as low as possible. Each day, children should be escorted to the Tonbridge School Centre and handed over to our staff, all of whom will be clearly identifiable.
On collection, please do not ask children to wait for you anywhere other than at the Hub – please sign them out in person and escort them back to your car or off site. This will enable us to ensure that no one wanders off without adult supervision. Please advise us as early as possible if your child/children will be picked up by someone other than the person that drops them off.
For children under 6 years attending Multi-Skills, Mini-Olympics, CYCLEme TOTS, Rugbytots or Gymnastics, parents will be shown where the course will take place immediately following Registration on Day 1 (please allow a little extra time for this). Thereafter drop-off and collection will take place at that specific venue. Please park in the car park at TSC and walk to the collection/drop-off points. Traffic gets very busy and we ask that you do not park or wait in cars along the driveway. Minibuses will be manoeuvring in this area and there may well be lots of pedestrians of various ages.
EARLY AND LATE CLUBS
We provide ample staff to supervise early arrivals and late pick-ups, and in addition we keep a register in the TSC of all children arriving early and/or leaving late. Please tick the appropriate box on the application form if you intend to deliver your child or children early (8.30-9.30am), or collect them late (4.30-5.30pm).
I accept that neither Tonbridge School nor its servants agents or employees are under any liability whatsoever in respect of any personal loss or injury which the participant may sustain whilst in attendance on the course(s) except where the same is solely attributable to the negligence or default of any officer, servant or agent of the Company.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
1. Please call 01732 304123 or email email@example.com to check availability.
2. a) Term-time and half-term courses must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
b) Holiday course reservation also requires payment but this can be in one of two forms. To secure a place, you can pay the full fee or pay a non-refundable deposit of £15 per child, per course.
3. Payment can be made by phone or in person by cheque (made payable to ‘Tonbridge School’), in cash or by using a credit or debit card. If you would like to pay by sending a cheque, or by giving us your card details on our booking form, your place(s) will be reserved upon receipt of the form.
4. To confirm your place(s) the balance of fees due is required at least one month prior to the start of the Holiday period. i.e. by March 8th for Easter and June 15th for summer. If this balance is not paid, it may be deemed that the place(s) are not required and can be re-allocated. We cannot guarantee a notification or reminder will be sent, so please do ensure payment arrives in good time to avoid disappointment.
5. Upon receipt of the full fee and booking form a confirmation email will be issued setting out the courses booked and full enrolment details for the Holiday Courses and/or Workshops.
6. Payment (either in part or in full) constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions.
THE BOOKING FORM
1. Complete the booking form with contact details and your children’s names and dates of birth. (Each form may be used for up to three children).
2. Courses required should be indicated for each child by putting the course code in the appropriate week’s box. (The course codes can be found within each timetable).
3. If holiday Early or Late Clubs are required, please indicate for which weeks and add £7.50 per child. If both are required, the weekly cost is £15 per child.
4. Add up the total cost of courses required. If you haven’t already paid, please provide credit/ debit card details, send a cheque made payable to ‘Tonbridge School’ or visit TSC Reception to pay in person.
8. Either scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
Tonbridge School Centre